Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Memo to Pat Gillick

Recent news reports say that the Phillies:

1. Are very interested in Alfonso Soriano.

2. Are looking for another top line pitcher.

3. Are hoping to figure a way, any way possible in the entire cosmos, to trade Pat Burrell.


So Pat, that sounds nice.....

But honestly, there's only one thing I can say as a lifetime Philly sports fan....



DON'T TEASE ME WITH THESE THINGS UNLESS YOU MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!


Seriously, I'm going to look back at this post in four months and see if any of those three wishes came true. Then, I will be able to easily scale my hopes of the 2007 season on a scale of zero to three. Zero wishes? F--- the Phils, though I guess I should've expected it, and I might just have to endure with the Dodgers and Angels (shudder). Three and I'll be ecstatic, especially since this is the NL and 86-90 wins would easily get them into the playoffs. One and two are meh.... actually two would still be nice.

My money's on zero. Prove me wrong, Mr. G.M.

No comments: